Thursday 10 April 2014

5 Time Supernova And Out........ Goodbye Poker


Just hit nova for the fifth year in a row..!!



Sadly I have also decided to pretty much quit poker and resurrect my previous career as an analyst/ accountant. 

There are a few reasons for my choice, mainly a need to get a mortgage (a legit one I mean) which is not feasible as a poker player. I also miss the working atmosphere. Grinding poker can be a bit too quiet and isolated at times. I still love the game but not as much as when I was a recreational fish. I look forward to becoming a part time spewy whale again and tormenting the regs!!

I will play maybe every other day or so in the evenings for maybe an hour and a little on weekends but my daytimes will be spent job hunting and eventually working once I score a job. I have already had a couple if interviews and met a few recruitment consultants so hopefully I will find a role within a couple of months.

A big thanks to all of you that have followed me and supernova125, especially all of you that have commented. The blog is now over 4 years old and was certainly a fun thing to do. I am not sure if I will post again but maybe I will just throw out a monthly review and an odd hand history here and there, who knows...

I am still around on email, Twitter and Skype for those who would like to keep in touch.

All the best..!!

Rosh




34 comments:

  1. I'll miss your blog posts. Good luck in your projects , and find a nice job ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx mate. Will probably make an odd post here and there

      Delete
  2. Best of luck in your new endeavors Rosh! By all means, keep up the blog and write about whatever you feel like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for your new life. And thank you for your blog Rosh

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best mate, tho you will still be able to coin it in playing recreationally anyway. Get ready for May when the reds win the title....Brendan Rogers = Legend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Buddy. Watching Liverpool this year has been awesome. Big game on Sunday could decide this but I think we deserve it after the football we have played

      Delete
  5. Good Luck! Was nice to play you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck! I really liked your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear this.... I wish you good luck in your carrier and a happy life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a big surprise to hear this because IMO you are great and very disciplined player, I think you could easily hit Nl200+ games.

    In any case it's all to the good, I wish you all the best but hope you'll come back to the tables even so in the future )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will still play a little in the evenings and may make a comeback in the future if I get bored of working ;)

      Delete
  9. best of luck mate!! hope you will be fine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shocking news from a player like you, but I wish you the best of luck with your new job and your goals. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would be very interested in your future job career and how it gets affected by your earlier poker career. How do people react in an job interview when you tell them about your poker career? How can you adjust yourself to the new working hours? Will you miss the variance? ;)
    I think this would be extremely interesting posts...
    Anyways... good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx. I will put out a few updates once I find a job.

      Before poker I worked part time while studying and full time after that in total for around 17 years so working will be no surprize. I'm not one of the young guns of poker :)

      Part time poker while working is stress free.....

      Delete
  12. Hey Rosh, just like everybody else I will miss your blog. Followed it for several years now. You are a very strong and dedicated player and I am sure that that will translate well into your new career or whatever you decide to do in life. All the best man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Rain. I will probably still post but not at the regularity of before

      Delete
  13. Wow. This is a sad day in poker blog history. I've been a daily reader of your posts for over a year, and I will sorely miss the hands, comments, and general poker discussion. I sincerely hope you continue to post, even if it's sporadically.

    In any case, good luck with your career change and life in general.
    -Bug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Bug..!! I will still play in the evenings so I'm sure some interesting hands to post will still come up

      Delete
  14. gl on the "normal-grind" :)

    greets filojoes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah man. I feel like I missed the party. :)
    Was catching up on older posts and enjoying them ...and now you're done??
    Good luck to ya bud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx. I'm still around, just less than usual :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...