Tuesday 8 June 2010

Fpp Pro - Week1 Review

Its been a while since my last post... so whats been going?

On May 28th i left my Job as a Business Analyst. I had worked that role for around 4 and a half years. Had a couple of leaving nights out in London which were pretty fun.

I still get paid till the end of July so i got a kinda freeroll to trial Poker on a full time basis Jun/ July knowing that i don't need to make any money before I start my ACCA course in Sept

So why would a guy from a finance background take on Poker Full-Time. We are taught the concepts of Prudence, caution and risk awareness early on in our studies.... I think i should point out also that Chris Moneymaker was an Accountant prior to his amazing win

Well, firstly i love the game... its so simple in one sense but yet there is so much to it in another. Secondly, Pokerstars VIP bonuses program is second to none out there in cyberspace and rewards REGs quite substantially.....

Since I started playing poker in Aug 2005 I am up around +$50k which was made exclusively on a part-time, recreational basis. I remember playing the first few times with mates at home games and also online. I didn't have a clue as to what i was doing and i made 5 loss months out of the first 6 i played. I then read a lot of material and got up to speed with the basic concepts. The 2 best books that I read were Doyle Brunson's Super System's 1&2. I then won the next 13months in a row and bought a Lexus with the cash.

So how has week1 gone so far.... Pretty Awful to say the least. Day1 saw me make a loss of $1k. I managed to play a lot of hands and get good FPP value but this was only worth around $160. I also got my final Stellar Reward for hitting 90,000 VPP. Day2 started off really well and i found myself up around $800 in the first session of the day, plus i made 4th position on the NL100 winnings leaderboard on PokerTableRatings. Those winnings were then completely wiped out in the next 2 sessions of the day and was still around $1k down for the month. One of the run-bad features of the first 2 days was the 5 hands in which i flopped a set vs my opponents higher set and got duly stacked. Getting into a set vs set situation is quite rare and to happen 5 times in 2 days is crazy.....

The next few days continued with more bad luck and the river absolutely destroying me when i had all the money in ahead as a massive favourite on several occasions.

The last 2 days have been better as i have won all 4 sessions played so far. More importantly i can report that i have achieved Supernova VIP status for the first time ever.... wooohooo...!! I got my $1,000 bonus for that feat and hitting 100,000 VPPs.

The numbers so far for June are as follows:

-$1,346 (Table Losses)
+$100 (Stellar Reward for 90,000 VPPs)
+$1,000 (Milestone Bonus for 100,000 VPPs)
+$54 (2x Free Poker Books from the VIP store less 1 purchased)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

-$192 (Total Month to date (Mtd))












My goals for June are to finish the month up, even if its $1. I won't be playing too much Poker as the Greatest Sporting Festival on the planet begins this Friday... Yes, it's the Football World Cup Tournament in South Africa... I heard a rumour that England even once won it around 200yrs ago or something... maybe there is something about that in google. I will be trying to watch every single game, so poker hours will suffer. Come on ENGLAND....!!

For July, I will do the complete opposite and be really focused and driven to my goals. It will be the first month that I commence as a Supernova and i should get 1 cash bonus ($4,000) and the 200k VPP bonus ($3,400). I set my self the goal of winning $100 a day or $3,000 for the month...

So, July Target is:

+$3,000 (Table Winnings)
+$4,000 (FPP Cash Bonus)
+$3,400 (VPP 200k Milestone Bonus)
------------------------------------------

+$10,400 (Total Income)

See you at the Tables.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...