Friday 29 April 2011

April 2011 Review

For the Americans it was the month of Black Friday. The impact and repercussions are wide and affect all of us in one way or another.

For non-US players traffic has dropped significantly making it tough for many at higher stakes to find enough games. The effect on my games seems small and in most part it is Business as usual.

One thing I talked about last month was a bad tilt problem that I had picked up. This is now sorted and I am very relaxed making big lay downs and when I take bad beats. I think only 16 tabling had taken a lot of stress away. Game on.....

I have dabbled a lot in omaha this month, racking up over 3000 hands. This is a serious tilt inducing game. It's more complex than holdem and I am keen to develop my skills in this game as I continue to aim for 500k VPPs in 2011.

I want to spend May building really good notes on all the regulars at NL100. I have already got great info on many and have identified a few spew monkeys who seem to be gold mines. I will now step up my pace and target $3,000 in winnings with 160,000 hands next month

I didn't play any Tournis in April but with SCOOP starting next month I will play a few events as I have 3 tickets already. I also have a ticket for the Game Of Your Life promo. In addition I am going to try some live cash games. I haven't played live once this year but have been inspired by all the reports that are emerging on the forums from Americans who have switched. It seems that an online players ability should far exceed that of the average live player.

I am now away for the weekend so there will be no more play this month


The final numbers for April are as follows:

103,000 Hands Played
26,522VPPs

+$2,836 (Cash Game Winnings)
+$80 (April Fools Day Bonus $16 x5)
+$200 (Stellar Rewards)
+$200 (SCOOP Bonus)
+$1,500 (FPP Cash Bonus)
-$50 (Flippament on 2+2)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
+$4,766 (Total Month)


The Ytd numbers as at the end of April are as follows:

459,000 Hands Played
122,337 VPPs

-$1,214 - Jan
+$1,075 - Feb
+$722 - Mar
+$4,766 - Apr
--------------------------------------------------------------------
+$5,349 (Total YTD)


All the best to the new crop of live players....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...