Monday 18 April 2011

Spew Monkey

I am really tempted to expose the name of the Regular who played this hand. I won't however as I want to play a lot more hands with him in the coming days and it's probably not the right thing to do

The way I played this hand is based mainly on one factor..... notes

I hadn't played with this dude for ages and forgot how bad he is. He had the old Green Tag however which always gets you rubbing your hands together

I will give my thought process after easch street


Poker Stars $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players

MP1: $157.35
MP2: $50.00
CO: $34.50
BTN: $102.50
SB: $54.95
BB: $111.60
UTG: $106.05
Hero (UTG+1): $112.75

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is UTG+1 with Q of spades K of spades
1 fold, Hero raises to $3, 3 folds, BTN calls $3, 1 fold, BB calls $2

Nothing much to say here, KQs and I open 3x..... standard


Flop: ($9.50) J of spades J of hearts 6 of spades (3 players)
BB bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50, BTN folds

Villain comes out insta betting and I now have a choice to make. I have 2 over cards and the flush draw and this is usually a raise. However there is a player yet to act. If the villain has a Jack I think I am around 30% favourite to catch my flush if we get it all in. I decide to smooth call. The 3rd player folds


Turn: ($22.50) T of spades (2 players)
BB bets $22.00, Hero calls $22

Villain Insta bets faster than the speed of light. I mean it was like he had auto bet or something from a script program.

Now I have just hit my flush with the draw to the royal but I am far from happy. I don't think he would have played 66 so fast on the flop with the original raiser and another player left to act. If he calls pre with a J in his hand, the other card is likely a 9, T, Q, K or A. JT just completed his full house.

His bet sizing is really interesting and I am not sure what to make of it. Looks like he wants me to fold. Surely he would bet less with the stone cold nuts???? Against a lot of regs I would probably fold here

It was at this point that I decided to check if I had any notes on him... and I did. I had written 2 words, 'Spew Monkey', lol. He probably has a jack and no full house, I call.


River: ($66.50) A of hearts (2 players)
BB bets $80.10, Hero calls $80.10

The River is not a great card either for me as AJ just completed his full house. He overbets AI and again its instant with no thought what so ever. Now at NL100 when a reg does this, he has it, simplez. I fold here almost 100% of the time to a Reg.

I tanked and tanked and kept looking at the words 'Spew Monkey' calling out to me and made a crying call.... BOOOM , he had 99 and had gone crazy.


Final Board:  J of spades J of hearts 6 of spadesT of spadesA of hearts
Final Pot: $226.70

BB shows 9 of clubs 9 of hearts
Hero shows Q of spades K of spades

Hero wins $223.70
(Rake: $3.00)


Please feel free comment on how bad my thought process is........

2 comments:

  1. nh, I play it the same way almost all of the time. I know what you mean about big overshoves always being the nuts but in this case the play really makes no sense unless he led the flop with TT, then so be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally forgot about TT, doh..... worked out in the end though

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...