Thursday 27 October 2011

Assault on Omaha

I have spent the last few days learning how to play Omaha. I read a book and have been playing PLO5 since.

I played a lot of Omaha hands one month last year. I played a super lag maniac style and the ups and down were huge in terms of BIs and I lost overall.

I am now playing a tighter, more controlled and intelligent style, while aggressive in good spots. I have now become a winning player over the last 4 or 5 days and I am up around 14 BIs. I have learnt a lot about the nuances of the game and am making less mistakes. I am only playing 6 tables and each is 6-handed.

This game is a lot of fun and I am enjoying playing. It takes a while to get the hang of it but it is good fun.

If you have tilt issues then give Omaha a miss as you will encounter some ridiculous shoves from villains that get there and drive you mad. It's high variance game and is more complicated than Hold'em as you have 4 cards but you must use 2 of them. At first you will get confused with when you have a flush, straight, trips and full houses but eventually it comes together.

My goal is to beat PLO5 and then move up to PLO10 and eventually to PLO25 where I will then just play for fun on occasion inbetween my NLH sessions . Maybe a few drunk gambling Omaha sessions ahead.....

We all know the best NLH hands but for those who are curious here are the Top 30 best Omaha hands (they should be double suited):



See yous on zeeee felt... later



7 comments:

  1. uh oh its all over, we lost another to the plo tables. call the insanity ward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na man, never. I'm a die hard NLH....!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog, thanks for the read. You want to put each of our blogs on each others blogroll to generate more views?

    PartyScout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh, forgot to ask who the picture of the girl is?

    PartyScout

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the link to ur blog? The babe is Melanie Iglasius or something similar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your already following it :)

    http://partyscouts.blogspot.com/

    Will add you to my blogroll, needs updating and your blog seems pretty cool.

    Yeah, saw her in that 'flipbook'. If you have not seen that yet check it out.

    PartyScout

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. Hav just added u. Nice boxing skills. You will see a lot of boxing related posts on this blog

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...