Sunday 4 July 2010

Wimbledon Final...



After negotiating the usually engineering works on the London underground we finally made it to the Wimbledon Grounds to take our seats at the Men's Final to see Rafael Nadal vs Tomas Berdych. It was an awesome day even though the match was pretty one sided as Nadal smashed Berdych in straight sets 6-3 7-5 6-4.

Having been unable to defend his title last year due to injury, Nadal has now won 14 straight matches at Wimbledon. Nadal has proved beyond doubt that he is currently the world's best player and, at 24, he has plenty of time to close on Roger Federer's record 16 Grand Slam titles

It would have been great to see Federer in action but it wasn't to be. All in all it was an experience....!!




July Poker so far.....

I am currently around $40 down mtd which is actually an achievement considering that the pattern of last months results have just continued into July.... i.e the bad beats just go on and on. I have hardly played any poker in the 4 days so far but here are 3 hands that i have had:

1. I get all-in pre flop with KK against my opponent who turns over QQ. All is going well until the river, then BANG the Q hits and I'm stacked...!!! Great....

2. I raise with AA in MP and get one caller on the button. The flop is A36 (2 spades). I check and he bets around half the pot. I re-raise 3 times his bet and he calls. The Turn is a Qd and we get all-in with the Villain turning over QT spades. You know what comes next... yes his 25% chance to the hit the flush comes in with the 9s on the river. Stacked again.... awesome...

3. An absolute fish raises A6 UTG and there are 5 callers including me on the button with 55, maybe i should have raised but i flat called. The flop comes down A65 rainbow and I get all-in on the flop with the original raiser.... Yes you know the way i run these days.... Its time for the river card and what else could it possibly but the 6, giving him a bigger full house and leaving me stacked..... I have never had a bad run like this ever. Its been 6 weeks of non-stop bad beats with me down around $5k on the tables in that time. I am having to fight so hard just to break-even. The bonuses are just about keeping me afloat. I will receive a $1,500 cash bonus in a couple of days to put me up this month. Lets see if i can hang-on to that lead....

It's been a good day at the tennis so lets leave it there... i am enjoying a few vodka's as i review the photos of the day. I know that as soon as i log-on to pokerstars every fish will be busting me with any hand they choose to play... so lets play cards tomorrow...

laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...