Monday 11 February 2013

Not A Live Poker Pro

While I do enjoy some aspects of live poker: the banter, a few drinks and a change of scenery there are other parts that I don't fancy too, like the travelling and the pace of the game.

In December I stated that one of my 2013 goals was to play more live, like once a week as opposed to once a month like I normally do. However having gone to the VIC a few days ago for a nights action I am going to scrap that goal and stick to playing once a month.

I found the action pretty slow and uninteresting at times. Plus I didn't get any VPPs :). One of the problems I think is that I have always played the 2 lowest levels which is probably just too low. I play the £1/£1 and £1/£2 (BI for $300/$600 respectively) games and some of the pots are just too small to excite. I will try out a higher game next time and see how I like it.

Back to online....

2 comments:

  1. It's a tough transition from the online grinder to the live grinder for sure. However, I've found that I'm a much more well-rounded player with the hours of live play under my belt. I find that when I'm playing online now, my play is VERY MUCH read based and less so VPIP / PFR based. My play is far more consistent and my online game has truly opened up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Do you play a lot higher stakes in your live game vs your online game?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...