Saturday 3 March 2012

I Failed the Citizenship Test and they're Deporting me back to Sri Lanka

My parents originate from a small island in the Indian Ocean called Sri Lanka.

They came over here in the 60s/ 70s by boat as many people back then could not afford plane tickets. You sometimes here the jokes about the banana boat and that is a mickey take about that situation.

Channel four is currently showing an interesting 2-part documentary about what it is to be British. The first part was a few days ago and centred around the 'Citizenship Test' that people trying to get into the UK have to take as part of the process to get in.

Fortunately for me, I was born in the UK and my birth right gave me British Passport and now an EU one. I took the test just for laughs and failed miserably. I don't think my folks had to take a test back in the day. Obviously you would revise if you were taking this for real but some must actually fail it.

Anyone can take the test but if you are from the UK then its a bit more interesting. It takes around 5 minutes so have a go:

Channel 4 - Citizenship Test

Here is my result:


GL

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...